Saturday, November 21, 2009

Disappointment

So it has been a bit of a disappointing day today.

Plans had been made for a visit over at Dad's with some cousins. I got a call from my brother around noon time today saying that Dad wasn't up for visitors evidently he didn't have a very good night sleep last night. I have to say neither did I, but I guess that is beside the point. I think that Dad's unrest was due to some disturbing events that took place last night in Dad's living room between myself and my brother regarding Dad's well being. After receiving the call from B I headed over to Dad's to see how he was doing. As soon as I arrived B came up and offer to help bring in the groceries. (second or third time this has happened in the past 5 or so years!) I brought in the food and Dad was sitting up and looked OK. When I asked him how he felt he said OK. He didn't indicate that he was tired. Then B came in and when I asked Dad if he was up for a visit he said maybe not. I think that if I had a few minutes alone with Dad I could have changed his mind. But I thought considering things that were said to me and about me the previous night it was best that I didn't throw around my "control" so to speak. Anyway I ended up spending the day visiting with Dad. We chatted and shared stories. Later I read aloud from Ted Kennedy's True Compass. As is customary my nephew came up and sat with us for a good length of time. I'm not sure why he does this but he does. It's all very interesting. I am going to have to work on not letting the interpersonal things upset me and settle into my heart and mind. This is a very challenging road that I am walking.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails