Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Weekend!

It's been a beautiful weekend!  This is my kind of weather; sunny and in the mid 60's to mid 70's.  Looks like this pattern is going to follow through for most of next week too.  I wish it could be like this every day of the year.  We all seem to have settled into our school routines rather quickly.  I wonder what next week will bring in terms of homework for N and n.  It was very light last week...and that makes life so much easier.  It's funny when I'm working I typically don't get home until 5pm at the very earliest, usually 5:30 is the norm and almost every day last year there was some sort of homework crisis that had to be solved, along with making dinner, picking up, etc, etc.  Hopefully this year will be a little different.

I went back last night to see where I was at this time last year and read through many posts.  Unbelievable. I am looking forward to a peaceful fall.  I'm hoping to deal with any emotions that bubble up in relation to our families loss of Dad last year.  I am going to try to be happy and not feel guilty for that happiness.  I often find myself in that trap.  I don't know why but I do!  We will be focussed on fixing up my Dad's house with the hopes of selling it in the future.  The one nagging worry I have is if and when I'll hear from my brother and how that will work out.  I love him very much and wish her were in a different situation.  As much as I love him I can't go back to being his enabler and protector.  Those are damaging roles that thankfully I have shed.  Only time will tell.

For now I am committed to be positive, live in the moment and enjoy all the blessing that surround my family.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails