Thursday, November 7, 2013

NaBloPoMo - 7

National blog post month originated with November posts.  Check out the links to many other blogs participating in daily posts here.   If you are interested in writing to a prompt each day check out The Daily Post.  

Daily Prompt: Cheering Section

Do you have a mentor? Tell us about him or her. Are you a mentor to someone else? Tell us what that relationship has added to your life.

As soon as I read this prompt one person came to my mind.  My dear friend and mentor M.  M was the most gentle soul and creative spirits I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  She was my children's preschool and kindergarten teacher.  She was my boss and my friend.  She led by example and what she said always matched with what she did.  She was compassionate and kind.  She knew how to listen and empathize with parents, children and colleagues.  She had a wonderful sense of humor and was able to laugh at herself and laugh with children.  I learned lessons in listening, compassion, creativity, professionalism, forgiveness, grace, strength, humility and kindness from this wonderful woman.  I think of her often, especially as I teach.  I try to practice what I learned from her.  When the children share their exuberance for each other and all that is kindergarten, I think of her and I smile.  



Peace!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails