Tuesday, November 12, 2013

NaBloPoMo - 12

Daily Prompt: Inside the Actor’s Studio


On the interview show Inside the Actors’ Studio, host James Lipton asks each of his guests the same ten questions. What are your responses? 

  1. What is your favorite word?  My favorite word has to be family.  It encompasses all that is important.
  2. What is your least favorite word? cancer
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?   The beauty in nature and human nature turns me on in all of these areas.  I just love witnessing the beauty that surrounds us each and every day.  Some days I am utterly amazed by the splendor in the simple things.   I do not always appreciate this beauty.  Life gets crazy and I forget to notice.  After all the craziness and when I do finally remember to take a breath and notice again... there it is waiting for me, waiting for all of us really....
  4.   What turns you off? The biggest turnoffs for me are ignorance and cruelty. 
  5. What is your favorite curse word?  I wish I didn't use curse words... but I do!  I'm not sure I have a favorite curse word, but I have two favorite curse word stories!  When I was a small child, 4 or 5 maybe younger, I spent a lot of time with my Aunt Barbara.  On one particular day I was at her house in the city.  She had two floors with a phone on each floor.  This was a complete novelty for me as my home was a ranch with just one phone.  I am pretty sure I was not allowed to play on the phone.  Well at my Aunt's house I played on the phone.  I talked to her on the other end.  Well evidently I had stopped talking so my Aunt hung up her extension, to which I said, "Dammit Bawbwa I was talking to you!"  I never lived this down!  I am sure my mother was mortified. This brings me to my next story.  I don't remember my mum swearing when I was a kid.  She was prim and proper.  I will never forget the time when she cam out with the following:  " Chuck you Farley, you're not so muckin fuch!"  This had me roaring with laughter.  It makes me smile to this day.
  6. What sound or noise do you love?   I love the sound of my quiet house.  It could be early in the morning or late at night or even in the middle of the day when the tv is off and everyone is doing there own thing.  I love sitting on the couch with Flicka, surfing the net and listening to the quiet.  Next to that I love the sound my keyboard makes when I type.  The click, click, click of the keys is so satisfying.
  7. What sound or noise do you hate?  I HATE the sound of my alarm clock at 5 am.  
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Two professions come to mind.  Artist and midwife. 
  9. What profession would you not like to do?  I would not want to be a funeral home director.  Too much sadness. 
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?   Welcome, here they are... all your loved ones who went before you.  They have been waiting for you to come home. 
Peace!
       

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails