Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thoughts

Well I've been quiet lately.  More quiet than usual.  Lots of thoughts have been floating around my mind trying to find a good way out.  So today I came across a quote that spoke to me and inspired me.  

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France


Over the past weeks as I transition from one once beloved job to my new highly anticipated position in a public school classroom I have been experiencing exactly what Anatole France so beautifully stated above.    I feel like I am grieving for the dreams I had of growing into a leadership role in my previous job.  I am also dealing with an increasing loss of respect for an individual whom I've looked up to for a very long time.  This is a loss that is difficult to bear and definitely leaves me with a level of melancholy.  I will be doing my best to let things go and be open to beginning my new life.

Peace!

2 comments:

Liz Thomas said...

Sorry to hear about the individual who is letting you down. But I wish you lots of luck with the new position! Trepidation and excitement! :)

Barbara said...

Thanks Liz, it will be fine. I am very excited for my new position. Once I finish up some blogging details I'm off to work on planning!

Peace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails