Friday, February 24, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook 8


Outside my window...the sky is gray and we have a mixture of precipitation.  If only I had posted yesterday ... I would have been talking about mild temps and beautiful sun.   

I am thinking...that this vacation went by way too fast and the next 6 weeks will be extremely busy.  

I am thankful for...the time I have had this week to rest, relax and prepare for my work in the 4th grade.


From the kitchen...I'm working on a plan.... I'll let you know how it turns out. 


I am wearing....my pj's until I have to change and head over to 40 M for an insurance inspection. 

I am creating... lesson plans and professional development goals. 

I am going...to enjoy the next few days with my children before things get busy when we return to school.  


I am wondering... what it will be like to help my 4th graders prepare for the MCAS.  Truly they should have all they need ingrained in them by now but we'll be working on test prep over the next few weeks.  

I am reading...Nothing still.  I'm in a bit of a reading slump unfortunately.  It seems to be easier just to hop around on the web and look at beautiful blogs rather than pick up a book.

I am hearing...the quiet of the morning ahhh it is lovely. 


I am hoping...that I will be able to move into a full time teaching position next year.  I am also hoping to hear from my teacher friend whose class I am now covering about how everything went yesterday with her c section. 


I am looking forward to...a full week in my new classroom.  


I am learning...how to get things done in school and leave the job there.  I hope I can be successful in these lessons. 

Around the house...I still feel the need to spring clean.  Maybe on Saturday while R is picking up some extra hours at work. 


A favorite quote for today... "Give but don't allow yourself to be used. Love but don't allow your heart to be abused. Trust but don't be naive. Listen to others but don't loose your own voice." Rishi

One of my favorite things...is window shopping with n and  watching favorite shows with my kids.  

A few plans for the rest of the week: insurance inspection over at 40M, window shopping at Charming Charlie's this afternoon with n and S, spring cleaning tomorrow, laundry folding and prepping for the week.  I'm also going to continue to say a lot of prayers for my friend who is fighting cancer.    Please if you are the spiritual type add my dear friend M to your prayers.  The prayers are working!  She is in her 5th week of treatment with just one more week to go. She has been kind, generous and encouraging as I have transitioned from my old position. I am so grateful for her friendship.   Thank you for your prayers and thank God that she is seeing improvement. 


A peek into my day











Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails