Thursday, February 16, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook 7


Outside my window...the trees are bare and the sky is gray. 

I am thinking...that today will be a difficult day.  My last day at school.  Lot's of goodbyes.  I know it is best for me and my family but I really do feel like I am leaving a piece of myself behind.

I am thankful for...the friends I have made and all I have learned.


From the kitchen...not much this week.  Over vacation I'm going to go through some cook books and reinvent our meal plan.  Wish me luck! 


I am wearing....my pj's until I change into my gray cords, black top and vest and my purple and gray plaid scarf. 

I am creating... well I completed the book for lesson plans for J.  I will be working on lesson plans for the end of February and hopefully March as well.  It would be good to be ahead of the game.

I am going...to do my best to not cry today.  Do you think I can do it? 


I am wondering... how challenging it will be for me to complete my recertification application.   

I am reading...Nothing at the moment but my friend J told me about the book Faith.  She said it is a good read so perhaps over vacation?  We'll see.... 

I am hearing...The television..... 


I am hoping...that over vacation I can decompress and refocus myself so that I can be ready for the new challenges that lie ahead. 


I am looking forward to...February vacation!


I am learning...how to let things go... and that what people say and do is usually about them and not you... know what I mean? 

Around the house...I know it is only february but I feel the urge to start spring cleaning!


A favorite quote for today...  All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

One of my favorite things...is watching The Vampire Diaries!  I'm hooked on this silly show. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: saying goodbye to my little friends and co workers,  starting my recertification application, putting together my Valentines.   I'm also going to continue to say a lot of prayers for my friend who is fighting cancer.    Please if you are the spiritual type add my dear friend M to your prayers.  The prayers are working!  She is more than halfway through treatment and has a wonderful positive outlook.  I am so grateful for her friendship.   Thank you for your prayers and thank God that she is seeing improvement. 


A peek into my day











Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails