Friday, February 5, 2010

What a night!

So I'm not sure if I've mentioned this....but.... I've been sick since the end of December! I am so tired of being sick and tired! I went through a coarse of 10 days of antibiotics to treat bronchitis. Well guess what it didn't really work. I'm still coughing, not as much as before but certainly not completely better. Last night I stayed late at work to prepare for open house this weekend. I didn't feel terrible but I was tired and congested. By the end of the day I was starving. I got home about 6:30. I walked in and had lost my appetite. I had a generous piece of Irish soda bread and some seltzer water for diner. I fell asleep sitting up in the chair by 7:15. I woke myself up and decided I was going to bed at 8. That surprised everyone as I usually 'tuck' the kids into bed and N doesn't go to bed until 9. I just couldn't do it last night. I got 'n' into bed and as I was tucking her in I got the worst chills ever! I can't remember ever feeling like that in my life! I was literally shaking and shivering. It was all I could do to get into my PJ's and into bed with my heating pad. Lucky for me N was there ready to take care of me. He warmed up my rice eye pillows and covered me up with my bathrobe. I was sound asleep by 8:30 and slept through the night until my alarm went off at 6:30. Today has brought on more coughing, sniffles and sneezing fits! I can't wait to feel healthy so that I can work all week and then enjoy my days off rather than feel like I have to rest on those days so that I can make it through my work week. If anyone has any home remedies or ideas on how I can kick this nastiness please, please, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I had something like this way back in July. I also took antibiotics for bronchitis. It helped. But then I went to Italy and got a simple cold, and the cough came back, though it departed with the cold that time. I spent most of the months of August and September on the sofa, because I had NO energy. I did only what was absolutely required, and then it was back to the sofa (and sleeping propped up, to avoid the cough). Even after all this time, I find I still have to be careful about how I speak. My exercise routine went to hell, and now it's like starting all over from scratch. But this is all to say that I think there's some kind of new, wicked little bug out there that gives exactly those symptoms you decribe!

Barbara said...

Hi Ann! It's so nice to see you visiting. I remember reading about your illness. I feel exactly like you describe... no energy, not sick enough to stay home from work but not well enough to get out and be productive. I'm one month in so maybe by March I'll be well again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails