Sunday, February 21, 2010

Back to Reality!

Well it's the last official day of February vacation and we are all appropriately depressed at the thought of going back to school and work tomorrow. I have an extra day but will be going to an appointment and then bringing 'n' to her dentist appointment. Also have a conference call with the Strategic Planning group in the afternoon if I can sneak it into the schedule. Tuesday I'll be attending an all day working meeting with the Possibilities subgroup of the Strategic Planning group in order to begin to put together some goals and objectives for our strategic plan! Not sure what t expect but hopefully it will be a productive day especially where I had to get the day off of work to attend. Wednesday will bring school as well as a Town Hall meeting at a local intermediate school to inform parents about the strategic planning process. It's a night meeting so I'm not looking forward to it but will most likely attend. It's going to be a very busy week.

On another note 'n' and I were able to take a walk on the beach on Friday! It was so great to be back on the beach. The sound of the waves crashing on the beach and the rocks beneath my sneakers was soothing to my soul. Stress melts away from me when I am in the presence of the ocean.

The beach did look a bit different. All the sand that we had last summer has been either washed away or covered by thousands of small stones and rocks. The large beach stone that had been covered has also been revealed after a winter's worth of storms. We are hoping that over the next months the sand will wash back in so that we have a sandy beach for the upcoming summer season. I can't wait for the warmth of spring and summer. I have to say that this is the first winter ever where I have such a strong desire to see winter end and the warm weather begin.

Here are a few happy thoughts..... 5 days till the weekend, 6 weeks until a long Easter Weekend, 8 weeks until April Vacations, 14 weeks until my last day of school, 16 weeks until summer vacation for the kids!!!! Wow that makes it a bit better now doesn't it??

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails