Monday, January 11, 2010

Technical Difficulties

So I've been quiet the last couple of days due to some computer issues. My laptop is tethered to the basement power cord. The battery is kaput as is the spare power cord. I'm awaiting replacements for both. I think it is time to start looking for a new laptop or at least investing some money into updating my 5 year old laptop. It has served me well. I find myself less likely to sit down and post if my laptop isn't in my main living space. Right now I'm on 'R's computer. His computer is as fast as lightning... being and apple and all... so it tends to be a hot commodity in this household.

I have some reflections that I'll write about regarding the book that I am reading; Final Gifts. It is an outstanding insightful book on the process of death and dying. I began reading it just before Dad died and feel like I must finish reading it out of respect. Sounds strange, but that is how I feel. Anyway more to come on that later.

So another reason for my self imposed silence is that I have been fighting a chest cold of some sort. I have tightness and congestion and uncomfortable coughing. The whole thing is tiresome in many ways. My voice has been compromised by all the coughing, so not only am I quiet here with my written words I am also trying to be quiet with my spoken word. Back to school with the little kiddos tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails