Friday, January 29, 2010

How It Went

Well I had an interesting morning. As I said in my previous post I went to spend some time at Dad's. My plan was to take an inventory of sorts. Not so much an inventory of items more an inventory of the work that must be done to prepare for the sale of the house. There is much work to be done.

It is a very cold day today and the winds have been howling. The wind is always worse at Dad's. Today was no different. The house was cold. The thermostat was moved to the downstairs level after Dad died so I can not tell you what the temperature was in the room. Somehow it felt as if there was no heat reaching the upper level of the home at all. I can't be sure though. Fluffy was happy to see me today. She was vocal and friendly. The house was a mess; dishes still in the sink from before Christmas, toys that belong to my nephew all over the living room, Christmas decorations that had not been displayed strewn around the living room, boxes of old toys from downstairs, an old broken chair from downstairs.... the list goes on. Earlier this week I had emailed my brother letting him know of my plan to come over and just spend time organizing my thoughts so that a timeline of sorts could be developed. I indicated that it would be helpful to have the house somewhat tidy with dishes done and the living room in a state so that it didn't look like a storage facility. Evidently he either didn't read the email or didn't care about what it said. It is so frustrating. I wrote in my journal for a few minutes and then began the list making. I could here both my brother and sil downstairs as I made lists and took notes on all that has to be done. It was more than annoying to be picking up toys and trash that had nothing to do with me or Dad. I know I can't let myself get bogged down with this stuff but it really irks me to no end! So I went through each room and made notes. We have a lot of stuff that needs to be cleaned out and thrown away. I see a dumpster in our future. I hope we can get through this process quickly with as little drama as possible. We'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails