Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moving On

Well tonight it 'N's farewell ceremony at 7:30. He will be saying goodbye to 4th grade, Mrs. R., I.B.Elementary School , some friends who will be going to a different community school next year and four years in our small neighborhood school. He is ready. He is excited. He is eager. He wants to move forward to the intermediate school, into the larger world. I however am not. I want to keep him insulated and safe for as long as I can. It is the mother in me and I can't help how I feel. It's much like when I left him at Kindergarten years ago... I know he will do well and we will both be fine. He will likely thrive and I will get used to a new normal. Tonight's ceremony will look back at all he has done and then we will look forward to what will come. This is a special time.

I think I'll bring tissues! I'm off to get ready. I'll report back soon.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails