Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happiness

What a great weekend!

The sun came out finally on Saturday and I spent a good part of the day outside with 'n'. She played as I worked on the NAEYC portfolio annotation that I must complete by the end of the summer. It was lovely. The sky was a beautiful crisp blue, the air was clean and the sun was so warm. 'n' worked on a number of dance/gymnastic type routines and impressed me with her rhythm and ingenuity. 'N' played happily with a friend for the entire afternoon. We enjoyed a fish dinner at the dining room table(such a treat!) R had a gig so the children and I spent a quiet evening together.

Today the girls and boys split up to get some things done. The boys went to the movies and the girls went shopping for end of the year gift supplies. 'n' and I have already painted the clay pots that will be given with lovely geraniums. We were able to find a box for a set of handmade cards for 'n's teacher too. It is very pretty. Last weekend we created the wax prints for the cards and this weekend we assembled the cards for Mrs. K. I think she will love them. I was hoping to find scented geraniums at one of our local shops but have yet to find a suitable scented geranium plan. I'll be searching some more tomorrow after work. Wish me luck.

We also went in search of the chemical lye to be used in making homemade soaps. I've been curious about making soap for some time and now have several books on the subject and a keen interest in gathering the needed supplies to start this new endeavor. I'd like to be able to use some of the handmade soaps for felted soaps. I think the handmade soap will be a lovely addition to the felted soaps I've been making. I'm hoping to create an inventory so that I can finally start my etsy store.

Now the children and I are sitting in the living room as the cool ocean air floats in over us through the open windows. I love this time of year.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails