Monday, June 8, 2009

Illness

Well N was home today sick. He came home from his buddy's house last night hacking and wheazing. He woke up this morning with lots of congestion and a headache. He looked beat. I decided to let him have a day to rest. n was none to happy about the decision. She thought he should have gone to school. I made the right decision. He spent the day resting on the coch and even took a hot shower to relieve the congestion.

The day wasn't as productive as I had hoped it would be but I did get quite a few things done. I baked chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies so that I'd have something yummy to bring to our final Stand for Children meeting of this school year. I made some yummy spaghetti sauce for supper too.

I also worked on my wax print cards. I have several beautiful orange and pink monoprints that are now matted on black cardstock ready to be adheared to blank cards. I'm trying to build up an inventory of items to start an etsy shop. I love being creative and would like to use my creativity to start a business. I need to do more research reagarding small businesses and busines plans but at least this is a tangible beginning. Next year I'll have both Mondays and Fridays to work on my artistic endeavors, so I'm excited to get started.

Had a great meeting with my Stand for Children Strategy Team Leaders. We celebrated all the wins of the year and talked about how to grow our chapter next year. We enjoyed lots of yummy food...fruit, cookies, strawberry shortcake, brownies, cheese and crackers, hummus. Mmmmmmm! It was a great meeting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails