Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Buzz of Christmas

I am so excited for a short week.  My classes are only in session for two days this week; today and tomorrow.  It is so nice to be able to have a couple of extra day before my own children are out for Christmas break on Friday.  The children were excited today.  The morning group managed the day quite well.  I had expected much more of an unsettled day for those children as they are so aware of the season.  Children are always full of surprises.  The afternoon children who are usually quite calm and settled were not either of these things today!  By the end of the afternoon my head was spinning.  We made it through the day so that is good!

Last night I had a great meeting with my fellow Stand for Children strategy team members.  We are preparing for our 5th Annual Statewide Education Summit.  We have some great speakers and many workshop offerings.  The morning workshops are focused on learning more about education  reform and what is relevant in education today.  Our afternoon workshops are skill building classes.  I attended this summit last year and it was fabulous.  I am looking forward to attending this year on January 24th.  They even provide childcare.  If anyone is local and interested in attending check it out : www.stand.org/ma/summit.

That's all for now!

Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails