Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wash Out :(

Well this week has been a total wash out of a vacation! I was hoping we would get to spend some time outside in the yard preparing for spring planting. The calendar says almost the end of April but the temperature and weather are more like late February. At least we have had some down time. Dad's doctors appointment went fine and the kids were able to go and spend the morning with a friend rather than at the doctors office. I postponed his second appointment for next Monday. I couldn't see him managing another trip out this week especially in the raw, rainy weather. He wasn't disappointed in the least. His primary care physician is a very good clinician but he has absolutely no personality or bedside manner. He can actually walk the line of being disrespectful at times. Needless to say, Dad doesn't care for these appointments. Oh well. It is what it is.

Yesterday N, n and I went to the movies before N's checkup regarding his asthma. We went to see Meet the Robinsons. It was actually a pretty good movie. It started off slow but once it got rolling it was really good. A couple parts even brought tears to my eyes. Of coarse what Disney movie doesn't. After the movie we went out and bought birthday presents. Both N and n had upcoming parties so we took care of that and then went back to the food court for McD's. N then had a good check up with his doctor. She has taken him of the am and pm inhaler treatment for his exercise induced asthma. He is still on the singular and the inhaler before activity. He has been much better since starting this regiment two weeks ago. Less coughing and more ability to play without getting out of breath and tired. It is interesting because he had said in the past that he thought he had asthma and I always said 'Oh no...." I guess I should have listened to him.

Today n went to her birthday party at a bead store. While she was at the party N and I went to Walmart and picked up some art supplies for end of the school year projects, $80 dollars later we left and then went off to Best Buy to pick up the original first three Star Wars movies. N was so excited. He's been wanting to add them to our library for a long time. Finally we went back to the bead store to get n. Do you think I could leave the store without anything? No of coarse not! I picked out some very pretty strings of beads that I will use when I make the charm bracelets. I also picked up the sterling silver chain I want to use for the bracelet. I'll be using the tutorial on Sue B's journal. Check it out here
http://suebleiweiss.typepad.com/padfolio/2007/02/fabric_charm_tu.html

So tomorrow we have no plans so I am planning on organizing some of the supplies I picked up and hopefully starting my charm bracelets. I'll post some pictures as soon as I have anything to share.

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your charms!

Related Posts with Thumbnails