Sunday, April 15, 2007

Progress

Today even more progress has been made in my small art space. I'm so excited it is actually starting to look like something. 'R' was very busy removing drywall from part of the room and working on adding electrical outlets. During the time I spent visiting my Dad this afternoon the outlets were installed, the drywall replaced and the shelf hung back in it's original spot. He also moved my rolling table back into the space and set up my sewing machine that usually resides in its tattered cardboard box. It is going to be awesome to be able to go downstairs and use my sewing machine at the drop of a hat. In the past it has always been a big project to hall it upstairs, clear off the kitchen table and set it up only to take it back down again as soon as possible as it drives 'R' crazy for me to have my stuff all over the table. Think he has an ulterior motive in fixing up the space downstairs?? Now that he sees how nice my little space is he is thinking of fixing up the opposite side of that part of the basement! As he has half of the finished section of our basement as a studio/jam space, I said NO. I want a space of my own. Is that selfish? I don't know. Anyway next week will bring a dropped ceiling with some sort of better lighting. I'm not sure what type of lighting I want or need. Any suggestions from all of you artist out there? I'd be happy to hear from you if you have any experience in renovating a small space to serve as an art studio.

On another note I found a very interesting link over at Judy in the Dyes. It seems that Caron has a wonderful idea for a quilt project. It's purpose seems to be to shed light on the losses that have been caused by the war in Iraq. I am not an accomplished quilter, but I feel strongly about the subject of the war. I'm going to try to help with this project to shed light on the situation. I pray for our military who are over there and hope that they are reunited with their families as soon as possible. Anyway I didn't intend to get on a soap box. I hope you will all check out this link. http://andstillcounting.blogspot.com/2007/04/beginnings.html

Peace.

2 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

I don't know anything about lighting, but HGTV has a program called Design on a Dime that often tackles lighting and builds part of the fixture themselves.

Thanks for coming to visit me.

SeamRippstress said...

My studio lighting is crummy and I have several lights. Natural light is the best but thinking of a big flourescent overhead. The memorial peace quilt project is wonderful - I must make time to do it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails