Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Challenges of Elder Care

Well the last several days have been consumed with elder care. I began this post yesterday and thought I would go into some of the issues I have been facing with Grammy and my Dad. After sleeping on it I have decided not to go into what is going on in any great depth here. Suffice it to say that Grammy is having difficulties with some of J's family that now seem to think they should be in control of their lives. It is a complex situation that has been ongoing and now has become exacerbated by someone obtaining J's power of attorney. It has been consuming our lives and leaving lots of negativity behind. As for my Dad he has more medical issues. He had an appointment on Monday and is now on more medications and will now have to return to the doctor again next Monday. Evidently his most recent problem has been festering but he didn't know to tell us about what was going on so we could help him sooner. When this happens I feel incompetent and neglectful. I find that for some reason I suffer from guilty feelings even though I do as much as I can for both Grammy and my Dad. I don't know what the answer is but I do know that I need more balance in my life. I guess that is why I have been so interested in artistic endeavors lately. Unfortunately as usual life gets in the way and I find I have little if any time to tap into my creative outlet. Does anyone else have to manage these kinds of obligations? How do you keep the guilt away and stay balanced.? I will continue to take one day at a time and keep moving forward.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails