Saturday, April 14, 2007

Reflections

2. What was your favorite pastime as a child? Did you prefer doing it alone or with someone else?

Growing up by the ocean gave me the opportunity to spend a lot of time down at the beach. This was my favorite pastime as a child, teenager and young adult. I loved walking on the rocks and swimming in the icy cold water. Exploring the tidal pools would keep me busy for hours. I was happy to be at the beach alone or with family and friends. In the summer I would be on the beach with friends every day. Swimming, sunning and enjoying the long lazy days of summer. During the other seasons I would walk the beach alone or just sit and watch and listen to the surf. It was always restorative for me to sit and listen and just be by the ocean. On foggy days I would always have the beach to myself. How I loved to walk through the fog as it rolled off the ocean. There was something almost mystical about walking through a thick fog. I loved how it felt on my skin and in my lungs. The beach and ocean has always been my favorite place.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails