Wednesday, September 5, 2012

UGH!!!!....updated

The rain infiltrated the house!  Honestly I'm not sure what else to do.

Well R went over today (Thursday) the water had dried up and he spread a tarp over the area where we suspect the water is seeping into the house.  I think we are going to have to have something fabricated to sit above the area and act as a giant gutter to prevent the water from reaching the ground at all in that area.  It certainly feels like we are being tested over and over again.  I wish we could just pass the test and move forward.

Peace!



3 comments:

Lissa Forbes said...

So sorry to hear this, Barbara. The way you wrote this it sounds like you might have some water damage. I hope not. Sending you strength.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Barb... how horrible! Does the grade of the dirt around the house direct it away from the house?

Barbara said...

I know Liz! We've been working on the grade. The mount of water that came in was far less than what I would have thought it might have been with the torrential rain we had, but it was still water inside. The land up next to the house is basically a gully. You have read about all that we have done to try to prevent the water from coming in. At this point I think we need to have something fabricated to place into the gully that will keep the water from going into the ground. It is crazy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails