Thursday, September 13, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...it is a clear, crisp fall day.  Perfect.  Perhaps my most favorite type of weather ever.   

I am thinking...that subbing this year is going to be a very good thing.

I am thankful for...the pesky puppy who is urging me to take her out at this very moment!  She is a good girl.   

From the kitchen...homemade chicken pie,  corn chowder & broccoli chicken & ziti,  
                 
I am wearing....my favorite blue shorts and a comfortable black t-shirt. 

I am creating... a healthier lifestyle... I'm trying anyway.

I am going...to get another coat of paint on the walls over at 40 M today.  I hope it will look ok when we are done. 

I am wondering... how my friend M is doing.  I think I'll try to call her this afternoon.

I am reading...not much other than political posts and articles.  We are going to start a daily reading practice.  I can't wait to just pick something and read.   

I am looking forward to...teaching in my friend NS's class next week.  I'll be in her class on Wednesday and Friday.  Yay me!

I am learning... to not live in a place of fear.  Do you know what I mean?

Around the house...well we are back in the 'school year' mode so things are a bit messy and chaotic.  I'm working on it though. 

A favorite quote for today...

a FB friend posted the following; and while it is not a typical quote her words speak  to me and I hope they will speak to you as well....




"Just maybe the average person in Libya is not a terrorist. Maybe they love their children and enjoy a good meal and love their god just like any average person. Maybe they do appreciate the help we provided in their liberation. Maybe they do value this tenuous but strengthening relationship with America. Maybe it really is a small terrorist group retaliating for the latest killing of another one of their top leaders. Maybe they don't judge all Americans based on what a few hate filled film makers did. Maybe too many Americans judge them based on the despicable actions of a few. Maybe the only way to end terrorism for good is to create a situation, as this ambassador helped to do, where the people of a country are able to believe they can rise up against evil. I'm listening to McCain right now talk about the overwhelming support for democracy by the Libyans. Its not pretty but maybe the tide is actually turning. I pray it is so."  MC 2012


One of my favorite things ... teaching children!

A few plans for the rest of the week: painting, splitting up my perennials, planting over at 40 M, cleaning up my own yard, 

A photo I'm sharing:



Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails