Sunday, September 16, 2012

Our Word View-Travel


What is Our Word View?  A collaboration between two friends who lost touch over the years but have reconnected online.  We share a love of the ocean, photography, quotes, animals and family.  Often times our photographic interpretations of our word of the week are very similar.

This week Liz chose the word travel for our photographic interpretation.  I hope you will go over to Our Word View and see what Liz shares this week.


This is one of my favorite images from our trip to Washington DC last summer.  It was an amazing trip.  n, my sister D and C and D's grands all stayed together in a double room.  We had great weather and so much fun.  This is a picture of a section of the ceiling in Union Station.  The station was like a city unto itself.  It held many connections for me as my Dad would roll into that station on a regular basis when I was  a child and he worked the Washington run for Amtrak.  I remember many a story about this station and city from my childhood.  

Peace!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow who knew that it had such a gorgeous ceiling. But is the type of thing we photographers zoom in on! :) Always looking for the unobvious!

Judy said...

great shot!

xo

Barbara said...

Thanks ladies! It was beautiful. Who knew a station could be so pretty.

Peace!

Susan said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I love Washington! Beautiful detail in that ceiling!

Related Posts with Thumbnails