Thursday, June 28, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window...it a beautiful summer day.  The air is a bit crisp and clear.  I love weather like this, just perfect.

I am thinking...that I will have to get together with my school friends more often.  I didn't realize how much I missed them until my visits yesterday.   

I am thankful for...my optimistic outlook on life.  I was born an optimist and it has always served me well.  I think life is somehow easier when you see the glass as half full.  


From the kitchen... well this week we've enjoyed homemade chicken salad, meatballs and sauce and pizza from scratch.  I'll be making pesto from scratch today to have with grilled portabella mushrooms.  Yumm.


I am wearing....my jammies because it is still early and I love lounging!  

I am creating...more cards.  I've matted over 100 photos and now will just need to attach them to my blank cards.  It will be a big job but in the end quite gratifying.  I love having cards to send off to friends!

I am going...to work on my 'teacher' portfolio next week.  My friend C and I are going to get together and do some scrapbooking of sorts.  I was going to start on N's school pics but I think it will be more productive for me to work on matting and displaying the photos I printed off from my time in the 4th grade.  My plan is to display the images with accompanying lesson plans where applicable as well as an explantation of the activity.  


I am wondering... what vacation, next week with R will entail. 

I am reading...The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan ...still.  I am also planning on picking up The Help again and restarting that book.  On top of these titles I have two professional development teacher books to read.    

I am hearing...the whine of Flicka.  She thinks something is under the couch!   


I am hoping...and praying that my friend M, who is fighting cancer, remains strong and heals quickly from her surgery.  She is making progress but still needs our prayers!  If you are the praying type please think of her.     


I am looking forward to...possibly going to the movies today.  We'll see.


I am learning... to apply healthier eating habits to my life.  

Around the house...  things are fine on the inside but a lot of work needs to be done in the yard!  


A favorite quote for today...



"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."
– Amelia Earhart



One of my favorite things ...is spending time with friends.  

A few plans for the rest of the week: hanging with the kids, picking up plants for the house, staying cool, walking with R each night after supper,   going to the movies, walking the beach, planning something fun for the 4th. 


A photo I'm sharing:


Flicka Flashback June 2011






Peace!



1 comment:

allisamazing said...

What a great quote and your puppy is adorable! Have a great week :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails