Friday, June 22, 2012

H to the O to the T

So we are in the middle of a heat wave!  Today will be the third 90 degree day in a row.  It's a bit early for this triple H summer weather but relief is in sight.  A cold front will be coming through and sparking off storms and bringing with it more moderate temperatures.  I will be happy to see the 90's go and the high 70's and 80's return!  I love the relaxation that comes with summer but the HHH weather truly makes me feel sick to my stomach.   I can't even do the beach when it is like this.  Yuck!

No worries if we wait a couple days the weather usually changes in this part of the country.  It's better than three days of constant rain!  To beat the heat we have closed up the house and kept the fans going.  We installed the ac's upstairs the first day of our heat wave so we do have a cool place to retreat to when the temps on the first floor become too hot to handle.  We are also lucky to have a basement that remains cool throughout the worst heat waves!

Today we'll be heading out to a movie to stay cool.  The children and I enjoy the movies.  R not so much.  We'll be trying out a different theater today.  The prices are much cheaper than the local mall so I'll report back on the quality of the theater in my next post.  We will be seeing Sleeping Beauty and The Huntsman.  I hope the movie is as good as the trailers.

Stay cool everyone!

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails