Thursday, March 15, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook 11



Outside my window...it is gray and foggy and I find myself yearning for 'green'. 

I am thinking...that I could work 24/7 and still find more that needs to be done to prepare for teaching. 

I am thankful for...results from the best writing lesson EVER this week!  I actually got goosebumps when I read one of my students revised leads!  AMAZING


From the kitchen...oh my poor, neglected kitchen.....


I am wearing....my jammies until I have to change.  I will be wearing my green pants my black shirt and most likely my black vest.   I have to say that my wardrobe needs an infusion of creativity (or maybe a transfusion... it is in a very sad state)

I am creating... little notes for all my friends in my old classes.  I'm thinking a general note to all the kids and then a little individual piece of art to each friend.  A lot of work but I did receive a beautiful envelope of birthday cards so....
 
I am going...to work on my Schoolspring profile so that when full time positions come up I'll be able to send in my application immediately.  Fingers crossed peeps!  


I am wondering... how next week will go with the beginning of MCAS

I am reading...some new professional development materials having to do with the writing process.  I love reading children's writing but have never felt solid in my teaching in the subject.  With the help of colleagues that is improving every day!  I am so excited. 

I am hearing...Flicka whining as she lost her toy under the couch.    


I am hoping...that N will feel better.  Last week he was fighting something today he is home with a fever.  :(


I am looking forward to...getting past the 20 day mark in my new position.... bring on the big bucks. 


I am learning...so much all the time... but especially how to ask for help and advise. 

Around the house...  Spring cleaning is necessary. 


A favorite quote for today... "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
– Mark Twain
One of my favorite things...is sleeping until 7:30 on the weekend.  Getting up at 5:30 is the pits!

A few plans for the rest of the week: a new episode of Vampire Diaries (YAY), notes to old friends, clothes shopping with the kids,  gathering info for some financial reorganization.    I'm also going to continue to say a lot of prayers for my friend who is fighting cancer.    Please if you are the spiritual type add my dear friend M to your prayers.  The prayers are working!   I hear she is feeling better.... side effects of treatment knocked her for a loop.  Thank you for your prayers and thank God that she is seeing improvement. 


A photo I'm sharing:





Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails