Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our Word View - Opportunity



This week's word is opportunity.  It was a bit tricky and I had several images and possibilities in mind but my final choice is the following photo for two reasons.  First this photo was staged and taken with a series of many other photos for a photoshop texture class I took last year with Kim Klassen.  It was an opportunity to begin learning a new art form.  Truly this class opened a whole new dynamic world for me in terms of photography.  What a wonderful opportunity.  Second this photo gives me the opportunity to reflect on all the beauty my Mum shared with me as a young girl, beauty that I relish and enjoy sharing now with my own daughter.  You see these pieces were part of a small tea set given to my Mum by her brother who was a navy chaplain and Jesuit priest stationed in Okinawa for a time.  I look at this image and  the warmth of fond memories washes over me and brings a smile to my face.

For another interpretation of the word Opportunity please visit our collaborative blog Our Word View.  We also have been joined on Flickr by two new friends who you can see here.


Peace!

1 comment:

Liz Thomas said...

Beautiful Barb and I love all the reasons Why!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails