Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hunger Games

Our intentions this weekend were to see the movie The Hunger Games Friday night.  It was not meant to be.... bridge traffic and ticket sales prevented us from seeing the movie until Saturday.  It was frustrating but we made the best of Friday by heading down to Hyannis to browse at Barnes and Nobles.  There is nothing like walking the floors of a multi floor book store.  There is something about rows and rows of beautiful new books that inspires me and just plain makes me happy!  It is a complete sensory experience... the sights, the smells and the sounds of a bookstore.  I remember back in the day when Walden Books was our local book store.  It was quaint and filled with stacks and stacks of books. I remember having to turn sideways to get through some areas of the store.   I think that was where I began my love affair with the book store. ..

Well back to the movies!  Saturday morning we were able to get our favorite seats at our local movie theater to view the show we had been waiting for...  more on the movie later.  

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I really liked the books, so I've been reading all the reviews; I'll be interested in your take on the movie. My 14YO and I hope to see it during spring break.

Susan said...

Barbara, I've tagged you to take part in a little blog project called "Getting to Know You" if you are interested in taking part. Absolutely no pressure! Just fun! www.dailylifestuff.blogspot.com
(soonie2)

Related Posts with Thumbnails