Sunday, July 11, 2010

Showing

Well I had a showing of Dad's house last night.  I was so incredibly anxious about going over there and possibly having some sort of negative interaction with my brother and sil possibly a repeat of R's experience last week.  The energy over there feels so stagnant and negative.   The house is in serious disrepair as I have talked about in the past.  Once again the front is overrun with weeds.  The grass is now completely burned and brown.  As run down as the front looks the back is 100 times worse.  I don't know what we are going to do or how we are going to resolve the situation.  How do you sell a home when there is little to no communication or cooperation from the people who live there.  The woman who came to see the home wanted to see the downstairs.  I had given my brother and sil sufficient notice that I'd be bringing a buyer.  We walked around back and the place looked like a dump; literally with trash bags, old furniture, dog mess and other trash just strewn around.  I was instantly disgusted and embarrassed.   I understand and get that change is scary but how could anyone live that way?   How could you let your kids live like in such deplorable circumstances?  I can only imagine what inside looks like.  It is just unacceptable.  Anyway  I knocked on the door and was greeted by the family dogs, one german shepherd and a shepherd husky mix.  I heard one of the children say "They are at the door"  Well needless to say we didn't get into the downstairs.  The buyer was disappointed.  I gave her a tiny bit of background and she was very understanding saying not to worry she had family too.  She did indicate that she'd be interested in seeing the downstairs if we could work out an appointment.  We'll see.  I sent an email over to them and offered to have K our agent show the downstairs if that would work.  Have not heard back.  It's like a cat and mouse game trying to talk to them.  They only want to communicate when they have something to say and never seem to respond if I try to contact them via email or phone.  I've been advised by several friends and family on R's side to start eviction proceedings due to the fact that they seem to be impeding the sale of the house.  I just don't know what to do.  My parents would be so disappointed and again my heart is aching.

Peace!

1 comment:

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Barbara, you sound as though you are in throes of a big transition, yourself, and juggling lots of people's needs. It's such a hard time to be selling any house, let alone one that needs a lot of work. Prayers for you on this journey!

Related Posts with Thumbnails