Monday, January 28, 2008

Let it Snow!



Well yesterday it started snowing about mid day. I tend not to watch the news during the day so I had not heard anything about a snow storm. 'n' and I went out to do errands...the regular stuff groceries for us and groceries and meds for Papa. We dropped off our groceries and proceeded to go to Papa's to deliver his food and spend some time cooking and visiting. We made a lovely chicken soup and chicken salad. All the while the wind was whipping the snowflakes all around. Papa kept saying "Is it still snowing?'". So mid afternoon we heard the news that the snow was expected to last all night. It was then that the thoughts of a SNOW DAY entered our minds! All my life I have loved snow days. I think it is the excitement and anticipation involved in waiting to find out if we would have school or not. So when 'n' and I got home we did our snow dance. It was fun and it worked! At 5:30 the automated call came from the school dept that due to weather conditions school would be cancelled for the day. Yippee!!!





So I spent the better part of the morning digging out from 10 inches of snow! The kids enjoyed making forts and running around the yard. Then we warmed up and worked together to clean the house before moving onto working on our lego creations. We had an early diner together at the kitchen table and then enjoyed some family programming on tv. What a great day. So tomorrow we begin our school week. This is the third short week in a row. We are very spoiled. I wonder how we will feel in June when our snow days are added on the the last week of school. Oh well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!


My plans had been to post about the Stand for Children Educational Summit today but I had to share the beauty of the snow. I do have a lot to share about the Summit but it will have to wait for another day.

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the snow. so pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails