Friday, March 16, 2007

Back to Winter

Well it was a crazy weather day in New England today. They forcast a wintry mix for the day but I thought we would be getting rain. Turned out that I got a call mid morning cancelling pm Kindergarten. I called little 'N's school to let them know and they promptly announced that they would be closing at noon and that there would be no pm classes. It was nice to just hang out at home and not drive up to school today. The only problem came when the weather worsened and Big 'N's afterschool playdate was cancelled due to the road conditions. So from 3:30 until about 4:00 I had to listen to how disappointed he was, not to mention angry. It is hard to be disappointed when you are only 8. We finally moved on and ended up having another friend (with 4 wheel drive) come over and spend the evening. It is always fun to get together with good friends.

So I think I am going to put a link to my journal on the silkfusion discussion group. I'm hoping that knowing that people might actually read my journal will inspire me to post more often and add pictures of my slkfusion samples. The silkfusion has been a lot of fun so far. I shared the materials and final product with some friends at work and I think they are going to try to pick up some materials and exeperiment. I am thinking of working with little 'N's kindergarten group on a silk fusion class quilt. I'd like to figure out a way to attach the pieces so that both sides can be viewed. I think it would be beautiful hung in a window. I hope that it will work out.

Tomorrow I am going to spend some time taking photos of the pieces I have and maybe I'll get to have some time to create some more material. Can't wait being creative is so much fun and it makes me happy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails