Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday/Simple Woman's Daybook 22

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 21

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...I see the sunlight on the green hill behind my house.  I love the view out the sliding glass door.  It is so serene.  Today will be comfortable and dry, a stark difference from the crazy storms of yesterday. 

I am thinking...tomorrow will be a great day to get this house into shape before I go to the art show and golf benefit.  I'm looking forward to spending the morning and early afternoon at home.  For today I'll go to work.

I am thankful for...the marine effect of the ocean that deflects the weather that brought tornados and devastation to the western part of my state yesterday.  I am also thankful that my friend S's dad will be able to go forward with surgery later this month.  Hopefully it will remove all cancer from his esophagus.  Very frightening for S and her family.  Last but not least I am so thankful that we were able to enjoy n's spring band concert.  It was wonderful and she was very proud to take part in the concert. 


From the kitchen...homemade pizza and leftovers the last couple of nights.  For tonight I'll make a chicken stir fry to be used in sub rolls.    

I am wearing...my pj bottoms to prevent wrinkles and a black top.  Soon I'll be wearing my clay colored cropped pants.    

What I'm creating:  not much right now as we prepare for the art show at school.  We installed the art show last weekend and will open to our parents on Friday.  It is amazing. 

I am going...to refrain from complaining about incidental foolishness today.  I will remain positive and when I feel the negativity beginning I will breathe deeply and remember all of my blessings.

I am reading...still the same old stuff.....blogs as always and I have been spending time wetting my artistic appetite with a couple of mixed media books.  Flavor for Mixed Media by Mary Beth Shaw and  Paint Box Mixed Media Paint Box edited by Tonia Davenport.  Both of these resources are so inspirational.   


I am hoping that the death toll from the tornados that hit western Massachusetts remains low.    

I am hearing...the song of the birds.  I love listening to them especially early in the morning and the evening.  Their songs sounds so happy.

Around the house...I'm looking forward to spending time cleaning and organizing now that school is over.  

One of my favorite things...is cool morning air touched with a promise of warmth.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:   art show, golf tournament, cleaning,  40 M and that is enough. 

Here are some pictures I am sharing..













Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails