Thursday, June 16, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook 24

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 24

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...I see the leaves blowing in the beautiful breeze.  It's going to be a lovely day.  The air feels good and the sun is shining. 

I am thinking...about my car that is in the shop.  The man who owns the shop has cleared my check engine light and is going to do his best to get me a sticker.  I hope he comes through because otherwise I'm looking at an expensive fix that isn't really necessary but would fix the emissions.  Sadly I think soon it will be time for a new car!  UGH 

I am thankful for...the fact that we live close enough to 'n's school that we can walk when I don't have my car available.  She does not like riding the bus in the morning.  Something to do with the older kids on the bus so for the past two days we walked and it felt good.  


From the kitchen...well this week has been a good week in the kitchen.  We had chicken pie with a delicious roasted vegetable dish, flounder with rice and roasted carrots and cauliflower and homemade pizza.  Not sure what tonight will bring as we we will have one of n's friends over.   

I am wearing...my walking clothes, gray capris and a white t shirt.  

What I'm creating:  still working on the end of the year gifts for n's teachers .  The cards are made for Mrs. R I just have to pick up plants, gift cards and a frame and then call it a day.  

I am going...to pick out paint colors for 40M this weekend and on Monday I'll be painting the kitchen (I hope).   

I am reading...still the same old stuff.....blogs as always and I have been spending time wetting my artistic appetite with a couple of mixed media books.  Flavor for Mixed Media by Mary Beth Shaw and  Paint Box Mixed Media Paint Box edited by Tonia Davenport.  Both of these resources are so inspirational.   


I am hoping that the end of the year will go smoothly for my children.  They are both excited for a break.  I am also hoping that our team building project starts before the end of the school year.  More on that soon. 

I am hearing...the quiet morning...cars on the main road, the wind blowing in the trees and an occasional bird. 

Around the house...I'm looking forward to finishing the pre summer cleaning.

One of my favorite things...is listening to the quiet. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:   planting, finishing up teacher gifts, working over at 40M and going to see Green Lantern with N.   

Here are some pictures I am sharing..

n and her bffl!

Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails