Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wow! I have been so neglectful of my blog over the last week. I haven't even been keeping up with my blog reading. I guess I've just been very tired. The last weeks leading up to school vacation usually feel this way. Vacation always comes in the nick of time. This week we've had storms come through our area and we have been observing a waxing moon that will be full on Feb 9th. Anyone who teaches will confirm that these two things apart can influence mood and behavior in a class never mind when they happen together. So I'm tired. But it's OK because after next week we have a week off to rest and recharge for the next six week stretch.



I have some exciting news with regards to my Stand for Children work. Over the last year we have really been working on building our relationship with the local school department. Well the persistence has paid off as I have been invited to represent Stand on the Strategic Planning Committee that will be looking at our school district, researching best practices and deciding what needs to be improved so that we best meet the needs of all the children in our town. It means more meetings and work for me but I am so excited. I attended my first meeting last week and came home with a 5" thick binder and materials from the first meeting that I didn't attend and homework from this meeting. The group is thoughtful and positive and my first meeting left me feeling hopeful. The process is being facilitated by an outside company that has done this work in other school systems. I'll keep you updated.

So today I saw the strangest thing when I went over to visit with my Dad. Driving up his road, in a small cluster of trees, there was a flock of robins. There must have been at least 30 birds in this group of trees. It was very strange. I wish I had my camera so I could have documented what I saw. Any thoughts?

Well that's all for now.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails