Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reflecting

So I've been thinking about the inauguration, still, and reflecting on the moments from the that day that touched me as I watched and listened. I loved the moment when Michele Obama presented Mrs. Bush with a gift prior to their early morning coffee. Turns out it was a leather bound journal. How classy and thoughtful. I loved watching Sen. Ted Kennedy as he was shaking hands prior to finding his seat. He looked so proud and excited. I loved watching the Obama girls as they sat watching the festivities. While well behaved they still fidgeted. They looked like a regular family. It was refreshing! How about when Joe Biden turned around to help with the little purple digital camera. Another family moment. And what about the orange mitten thumbs up for our new President. These moments are of coarse in addition to the actual oath of office and inaugural speech. Hope is in the air, I can almost taste it!

I am so proud and thankful to be an American.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails