Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'll Never Forget

So there is so much I could write about today however I feel I have to talk about 9/11. I am watching the history channel right now as I type and it brings everything back. I remember watching the today show. My children were very little, 1year and 3 years old. I watched the newscast live as the second plane struck the world trade center. I remember that I couldn't look away even as horrified as I felt. I remember feeling helpless and hopeless. I did not know anyone who perished in that attack yet it hit me like a ton of bricks. In retrospect I think it furthered a depression I may have already been struggling with after the death of my mother in law and my mother in the previous year. It took me a long time before I let go of the anxiety I would have when I heard a plane overhead. Today I think of all the families who were effected by this terrorist attack. I think of the babies who were not yet born to the fathers who perished in the towers. My heart goes out to all the families who are struggling with this anniversary.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails