Monday, May 14, 2007

A Lovely Day


I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I hope you all did as well. My children 'made' me breakfast in the morning and we spent most of the day together. The day was leisurely and restful and I was able to spend time digging in the earth and working on some artistic projects with 'n'. This is a picture of the vase that I worked on for a special person at 'n's school.

Posted by Picasa

I used the modge podge glue to adhere various pieces of soy silk papers as well as coffee filters that 'n' and I had painted in green hues in preparation for this project. I am thrilled with the outcome. The plan was to give it simply with beautiful flowers from us in thanks for all that has been done for our family over the past years. I think I will also include a small candle because the vase lit from inside is even more beautiful. It almost looks ethereal.
 


'n' spent a good amount of time creating the purple hued vase for one of her teachers. At first I didn't think I would like it as much as the green but I have changed my mind. I think it too is beautiful.


Posted by Picasa

I don't think the pictures do these pieces justice. The papers on the glass are translucent and when held up to the light the fibers of the soy silkfusion can be seen. The camera only captured a fraction of the beauty. Perhaps I'll try to take some more creative pictures. Actually I can't take credit at all for the pictures as R and n took them. It was wonderful to flex that creative muscle again. It seems that lately all I have done is talk about elder care. I do have stories on that front too, for a later date. Well it is time to think about dinner.

Peace!
Related Posts with Thumbnails