Thursday, May 3, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window...it is once again gray and cool.  I'm hoping it burns off as we are going on an outdoor field trip today!   We shall see. 

I am thinking...that 32 more days of school is just enough.  

I am thankful for...the promise of Spring. 


From the kitchen...well R has been trying a bit harder in the kitchen these days.  He made a pasta dish, submarine sandwiches and chicken and salad.  Tonight is pizza night and we shall see about Friday and the weekend.


I am wearing....my jammies until I change into my jeans and sweater.... jeans today for the field trip yay!

I am creating...organization in my assessment binder.  It's a good thing.
 
I am going...to work on Flicka's area in the side yard this weekend.  It needs a good clean up and some new wood chips.  


I am wondering... if the teacher I took over for will be coming back next year.  If not it may open up a position for me.... we'll see. 

I am reading...The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan finally!  It is a great book and a fast read. I didn't finish it before the break was over.  Time just goes too quickly. 

I am hearing...the weather forecast.  


I am hoping...that the refinancing process works out for us so that our debt is decreased and more manageable.   


I am looking forward to...working in my own yard once landscaping is finished at 40 M.


I am learning...again how rewarding teaching can be... and that we should remember to teach the student rather than the subject.  the reader, the writer, the scientist, the mathematicion.  

Around the house...  things are a bit messy.  Such is life! l


A favorite quote for today... 



One of my favorite things...is  enjoying my first hot cup of coffee each morning.  It is always the best cup of the day!

A few plans for the rest of the week: hanging with the kids, yard work, finding an outfit for an upcoming wedding, going to the movies, walking the beach, grading, planning and prepping for going back to school next week.  


A photo I'm sharing:



Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails