Thursday, April 19, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window...it is gray and cool but the weatherman has said the gray should burn off and leave us with a beautiful sunny day.  We shall see. 

I am thinking...that vacation week off from school is the best! 

I am thankful for...my amazing kids and friends!


From the kitchen...it's been a yummy week here this week!  We had chicken with roasted carrots, a simple green salad and homemade bread also cooked up this week was a delicious salmon dinner with red bliss potatoes and roasted asparagus.  Tonight is homemade pizza.  


I am wearing....my jammies because I can! 

I am creating...not much... I should be working on plans for the upcoming weeks and some art,  maybe if it stays gray I'll work on these things today.  
 
I am going...to make my deck an oasis this year,  more than ever before!  I've created a driftwood sculpture that stands about 4' tall.  It will be wrapped in twinkle lights.  I'll be creating another sculpture for the other side of the deck with similar wood.  We removed the old table and chest off the deck so we have a clean slate to work with.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  


I am wondering... if I'll be working full time in the school system next year.  Fingers are crossed as I really need a full time position. 

I am reading...The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan finally!  It is a great book and a fast read. I will definitely finish before the vacation week is over.

I am hearing...Flicka barking.  She has been doing that a lot lately.  I think she feels like she is protecting us from the birds in the birdhouse!  LOL 


I am hoping...that the last 7 weeks of school goes well and fast!  This little touch of summer vacation this week has me yearning for more!  


I am looking forward to...working in my own yard once landscaping is finished at 40 M.


I am learning...so much all the time... and I'm looking forward to learning more.  Having my own class next year would definitely facilitate this process but if not I'll continue to push forward to learn about the latest and greatest in the world of education. 

Around the house...  things are looking ok but there is always something else to clean, pick up or repair!  It is a never ending story.


A favorite quote for today... Serenity comes when you trade expectations for acceptance.



One of my favorite things...is  staying up late watching shows with N & n and then sleeping  in in the morning. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: hanging with the kids, a photo adventure, visiting with some friends hopefully,  watching a few episodes of our new show Switched at Birth, going to the movies, walking the beach, grading, planning and prepping for going back to school next week.  


A photo I'm sharing:


Painted Pots and Potato Vine



Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails