Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...I see the frosty white of our first winter's snow. 



I am thinking...that I need to stop thinking about how someone opened my mailbox and proceeded to throw a lot of mud across my driveway, on top of and into my mailbox and paper box.  At first I thought it was spray from a plow but when I looked up the street I realized that my house was the only on that received such treatment.  Bah Humbug!



I am thankful for...my family and my many blessings!



From the kitchen...I have bullseye batter waiting to be rolled, oatmeal cookies to mix up, walnut wedding cookies to whip up not to mention Susan's Cinnamon Swirl Coffee cake.  I have a lot of work to do in the kitchen over the next two days.  It will be well worth all the work.


I am wearing...my jeans along with several layers...a white 3/4 sleeve shirt, an extremely long sleeve black sweater and a warm military inspired vest.  Oh I also have blue socks and my sons warm slippers on my feet.



I am creating...gingerbread scenes with n's 4th grade class tomorrow.  There will be lots of frosting, candy and graham cracker gingerbread men.  



I am going...to go to bed earl and get plenty of rest over the next days as I am fighting a nasty cold.  I enjoyed an hour long nap today and will look forward to the same tomorrow. 



I am reading...Guardians of Ga'Hoole.  I am almost 3/4 of the way through this book in the series.  It is very enjoyable and simple to read.   We did not read tonight as we had a late diner and are watching one of the final episodes of Tower Prep.  



I am hoping...that the children will be happy with the gifts they will receive this Christmas.  I think they will.   



I am hearing...Tower Prep on the television... good show with great music. 



Around the house...I see Christmas!



One of my favorite things...during the holidays is spending time looking at my mantle and Christmas tree.  It makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.  



A few plans for the rest of the week: well I'll be helping in n's class tomorrow, grocery shopping for the holiday meals on Thursday  and on Friday I'll be heading up to Roslindale  to pick up my Godmother.  She'll be spending Christmas at my house.  Yay!



Here is picture I am sharing..















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails