Thursday, December 16, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...I see the dark morning light. 



I am thinking...about how today is my last day of school and I will begin my Christmas break tomorrow!  Yay! 



I am thankful for...my many blessings!



From the kitchen...I have  wrapping stuff everywhere and much work to do.... it's a good thing that I have a few days before the children are finished with school.   


I am wearing...my cozy gray corduroys a long sleeve black  shirt and a Christmas red wool zip up sweater.   



I am creating...delicious eddible gifts as well as lovely botanical cards for family and friends this Christmas season .   I wrapped the cookies and brought them to school.  Last night I wrapped the cards and will deliver them today to my teacher friends. 



I am going...to stay present this holiday season.



I am reading...Guardians of Ga'Hoole.  I finally finished the book I was reading.  It was great.  Now I have moved onto the next book in the series.  It is just as good.  We have been reading for a half hour each evening together in quiet.  It is nice to sit and read with my children.   



I am hoping...that today goes smoothly and that n enjoys her first practice with the 5th grade band today.  This is quite an honor as she is only in the 4th grade and received a phone call inviting her to be part of the 5th grade band for the holiday concerts.  I am very proud of her.  



I am hearing...the drone of the television... morning cartoons.  



Around the house...I still  have much to do to prepare for the holidays.  I plan to finish decorating the Christmas tree and living room on Friday.  Then I'll be able to put away all the clutter of decoration debris.  I can't wait to just enjoy the decorations.  


One of my favorite things...is spending time creatively with my children.  I wish this happened more.  



A few plans for the rest of the week: well I'm late with my daybook so I don't have much of the week left!  I'll be finishing my shopping and decorating and tending to all the other regular household stuff. 



Here is picture I am sharing..








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails