Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...I see the a cold, dark winter night. 

I am thinking...about how I am going to remember all the things I need to get done....

I am thankful for...my true friends who care enough to be there and just listen!

From the kitchen...I have plans for great things over then next weeks!  Pumpkin bread, sour cream cinamon coffee cake, lemon ricotta cookies, anise biscotti, soft and chewy ginger crinkle cookies and Nanny's homemade Irish bread.  Yumm!  All this will begin on Friday.  I can't wait.  

I am wearing...another version of my 'uniform'! Corduroy's a long sleeve t shirt and a vest.  Today all the pieces are in black and I have a beautiful wool teal scarf on to add color.

I am creating...delicious eddible gifts as well as lovely botanical cards for family and friends this Christmas season . 

I am going...to go to bed early tonight.  ( I hope )

I am reading...Guardians of Ga'Hoole book 4 in the series, still. It is a great series. I have just returned to making time for my reading.  N is very happy as he is several books ahead of me and would like me to catch up so that we can talk about the story.

I am hoping...that this week goes by quickly.

I am hearing...the drone of the television... Seinfeld.

Around the house...I have much to do to prepare for the holidays, but I will take it one day at a time.  Tomorrow R and n will be bringing up the Christmas tree. 

One of my favorite things...is taking many photos and then looking at them on the computer and finding the gems.  

A few plans for the rest of the week: continuing to work with n on her simple machine project due on the 16th, reading, and all my regular household tasks.  Nothing too exciting.  

Here is picture I am sharing..




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails