Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Family Fun!

Well I've been so busy doing nothing that I haven't found time to write in my blog. I've started many times only to be interrupted by a child, husband or random thought! I'm here now and that's what matters, right?

So R has this week off from work. We're planning day trips although the weather may not cooperate. We spent the day yesterday travelling up to Georges Mills in New Hampshire. Grammy and J have been living at the assisted living there since the end of June and this was the first opportunity that we had to go visit. I have to say that I have missed our Chatham trips. Last summer the children and I went down to visit once a week. Now we will probably make the trip once every six weeks. With R's band schedule and the children's various social engagements not to mention keeping an eye on my Dad time is limited. Back to our visit. The assisted living facility was nice. It wasn't quite what I had expected, but they are happy and have a nice little apartment. They are hoping to move into a two bedroom in the fall and that will give them a little more living space and give each of them there own room. I think Grammy is much more active now than she was in Chatham so that is a good thing although she did look tired. I guess that is what happens when you are in your 90's! She was happy to have company and I was certainly happy to finally see the new place! I wonder how the trip will be in the winter with snow? Yesterday also happened to be n's actual birthday. She felt a little jipped spending the majority of the day in the car so today was the official celebration-all day. We went to the local mall and she picked out her build-a-bear. Then we continued on to Target and Toys-r-us for a couple other items. On our way home we stopped at our little local bakery and she picked out a special treat-a vanilla cake with pink frosting. We'll be enjoyed cake and ice cream tonight and then again in a couple of weeks when we have her actual party. Plans for the rest of the week look like the movies, the New England Aquarium and the Boston Children's Museum. I think that will be all we can fit in for this vacation. It should be loads of fun.

Hope you are all well out there in blog land. I wonder what you will do or have done with your families for vacation?

Peace!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails