Friday, September 4, 2009

The First Week

Well we've done it! We made it through the first full week of school. I now have a fifth grader in middle school as well as a third grader. Both children are happy. The first day gave us all butterflies. I walked 'N' to the bus stop at the very end of the street. I was the only mom to walk to the bus stop. I was unsure if I should stay with him or not. He gave me the ok to go back home but when I turned around he was just standing alone. I was so worried for him and remembering how I felt when I went to middle school. I was so happy to see his face when he walked home from the bus stop. Smiles and excitement... so much better than last year. In contrast 'n' was thrilled to get to school we walked into school and delivered special notes and snacks to her 2nd grade teacher as well as her new 3rd grade teacher before she spent a few minutes at the morning YMCA before school program. Her new teacher is lovely and the classroom is one of the best rooms in the building. There was minimal homework this week and lots of interesting stories. So far so good.

I started back at my school too. I met the children in both the morning and afternoon classes over the last two days. The children seem to be very excited to come back to school, meet new friends and reconnect with their old friends. Looking forward to a good year.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Looking forward to an extra day off.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails