Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Sun

Well we are blessed to have a beautiful sunny day today. The temperature is just right. Little to no humidity and a lovely blue sky with scattered white puffy clouds. My only wish is that I had some more energy to enjoy the day. I have been fighting a summer cold since N came down with his ear infection. All I really want to do is sleep. My head is congested and both my shoulders and head are achy! Unfortunately as everyone knows you can't just go to bed and not get the things done that must be done. So I've cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, done a bit of yard work, made a grocery list for hubby and made a mental list of all the stuff I have to get done before the kids parties next weekend. I'd love for the yard to be perfect with fresh mulch, stone and beautiful flowers everywhere but that is just not realistic. So I think I will work on making sure that the yard looks the best it can without those things and try to remember that it is about the kids enjoying the day and not about the state of the yard. R's Aunt once said to me that if people or friends come by to see her they are there to see her not her house. I try to remember this but I am not always successful. It must be my personality.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails