Monday, July 7, 2008

Lots of Work!

We did some serious cleaning and organizing this weekend. Our 15 year old washing machine is on it's way out so we are preparing the washroom for a new washing machine. (probably a 4.6 cu ft Maytag Bravo) I can't believe all that we did. We finally purchased and set up two heavy duty shelving systems. I have all my art/craft supplies somewhat organized on one set of shelves while the other holds household supplies. Who new shelving could be so exciting.

We also rearranged the basement family room. We removed several extra pieces and put them into temporary storage in our utility room. It is so clean and streamlined we actually want to spend time downstairs!






By far my favorite project of the weekend was the completion of our second mural downstairs. Years ago I displayed the children's artwork along the stairwell and on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. The art work has long since been removed. A few months ago I painted that wall as well as the walls going down the stairwell a crisp white to serve as a backdrop for new art. The entire family got involved in creating the art that now welcomes us as we descend the stairs.

Check these pictures out. If I could hug this wall I would. That is how much I love what we have created.









What do you think?

1 comment:

J said...

I love the mural! How creative!

Related Posts with Thumbnails