Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fun in the Sun!

So yesterday was a 'play date' day at my house. Both of the kids had friends over for the day. We started with the arrival of N's friends T and M at around 10:30. They play really well together. They started with video games and then moved on to legos and action figures. 'n's friend p showed up around 11:30. She quickly felt comfortable and we all had a great day together! It is interesting to have a double play date going on. In one way is is great because both children have friends but in another way it is very tiring for me because eventually the boy/girl thing happens. Yesterday it revolved around playing in the water. The boys wanted the girls to spray them, but the girls didn't really want to play with the boys. It all worked out fine we even fit in spa treatments for everyone with loads of bubbles. Even the boys enjoyed the bubbles. By the end of the play date T and M wanted N to go home with them and p wanted to have a sleepover! We put the kibosh on all of those extra plans and opted for planning more play dates for next week.

Now that my children are getting bigger the question of sleepovers is coming up; not a lot; but every once in a while. I'm not sure how to proceed with this phase of childhood. I am perfectly happy having one of my children's friends come and have a sleepover at our house but that would result in the inevitable reciprocation. I'm not so sure I want my children sleeping over at another family's home especially a family that I have not known for all that long. It is definitely something to ponder. I would love to hear what you all think about this and how you may have handled these experiences with your own children. It is questions like these that I wish I could discuss with my Mum.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails