Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembering 9/11

The following is a repost from several years ago.  My daughter interviewed me for her civics class last night.  Her class will be learning about 9/11 and discussing the various viewpoints around that day in history.  The bottom line is we are forever changed.  Innocence lost,  security shaken, hearts broken...forever changed.


It is hard to believe it has been 13 years since 9/11.  September 11, 2001 took so much from so many.   The fabric of our lives changed forever on that day.  Too many families lost loved ones while the rest of our country watched in horror and lost our innocence.  The horror of that day will forever be etched in our minds.   I challenge us to remember the people and not the gore and terror of that day.  While we have all continued on with our lives with minor changes in security the families continue to mourn for the loss of their loved ones.  Over the past several years I have posted my memorial for Joseph Roberto as part of the 2996 Project.  I have visited the 'guest book' on legacy.com in the past and it is so apparent that his family still mourns.  His parents and family continue to leave notes to Joseph in that online memorial.  His story is just one of so many.  I pray for healing for his family and all the families.  Let today be the day that healing begins if it has not yet done so for all those who lost their loved ones.



Joseph Roberto
37 years old
Midland, New Jersey



A Family is
a circle of strength and love.
With every birth and every union the circle grows.
Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together
makes the circle stronger.



Joseph "Joe" Roberto was a son, brother, uncle, husband, and father.
He was devoted to his family and his family devoted to him.
He was a friend and colleague.
He maintained a solid work ethic and held himself to high expectations.
He enjoyed life: motorcycles, riding his motorcycle and investigating the battlefields in Virginia and West Virginia, exploring nature with his son, collecting coins, putting up his parents holiday decorations and gathering his own.

He is loved.



When I first received my name from the 2996 project I felt an immediate connection to Joseph Roberto as he shares a variation of my father's name. As I started my research I found it difficult to find much information to share, but I continued to dig and search. Finally I found this site and I learned much more about this person whom we all lost on September 11, 2001. I am honored and humbled to share this tribute today on the 8th anniversary of the greatest loss we have felt on our soil. May the Roberto family be blessed and my God bless the United States of America.

Peace








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails