Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Transitions, an excerpt


“The sun sets and the moon sets, but they’re not gone.  Death is a coming together.”  Rumi


Death is both dramatic and subtle.  Over time, the parting of a loved one becomes less harsh as slowly and gently a continued bond is revealed.  As I open my heart to the promptings and guidance of those I love who have passed from the physical sphere, I am alert to the contact, which comes to me in many forms… as memory, as intuition and coincidence.  Rather than bitterly close my heart, I allow myself to maintain a gentle but alert attention to the touch of Spirit.  I remind myself that life begets life and that those I love live on in my loving memory of them.  I also allow for the possibility that my memory lives on in them, triggering their concerned contact in subtle forms.

Today, I deliberately practice open-mindedness.  I cultivate a willingness to experience subtle realms.

excerpt from Transitions by Julia Cameron

These words speak to me.  I have come to believe that there is a thin veil between us and those that have gone before.  If we are aware we can pick up on energy and signs that they are with us always.  

Peace!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails