Thursday, May 22, 2008

Moving forward

So today was the last day of school for our class. The morning was more emotional than any other 'last day' I have had. Several of the families are leaving our schools as their youngest children move on to public school Kindergarten. I have had the privilege to be involved with three such families as several of their children have moved through our school. The parents were very generous with their thanks and praise for all the work we have done for their children this year. There are many children that I will miss greatly as we move forward. For the afternoon class many children will be returning for which I am happy. Others are moving on to Kindergarten. It was a long challenging year with that group and I almost feel a sense of relief as this year comes to an end.

So some interesting news...I have been participating in Stand for Children e-action regarding our the MA budget. The emails that I sometimes personalize and other times send as they are received go directly to Senate President Murray. Well yesterday when I got home there was a message on my answering machine from a member of her staff informing me that he had indeed received my email regarding the concerns I had about the budget and the amendments that Stand for Children is supporting. He said he made the Senate President aware of my concerns and that if I had any more questions or comments that I could call him. He even left me a specific phone number. I was so stoked! I know people who don't even get a phone call back from that office never mind a phone call regarding an email with a contact number to call. I emailed Katie our organizer and she indicated that she did not think this was a typical call. She and I are meeting tomorrow and will discuss it further. I'll keep you updated.

More news about Dad. He met with his primary care who indicated that his white count is up and he has a high sediment count. His CT scan is scheduled for a week from Friday and I will be able to bring him so that is good. I don't like it when I feel out of the loop regarding his health care. We'll see what the new CT scan says.

Time to go check in on all of my favorite blogs.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails