Sunday, May 25, 2014

Our Word View - Valor

What is Our Word View?  A collaboration between two friends who lost touch over the years but have reconnected online.  We share a love of the ocean, photography, quotes, animals and family.  Often times our photographic interpretations for the word of the week are very similar.

This week the word valor was chosen for our photographic interpretation.  I hope you will go over to Our Word View and see what Liz shares this week.

Years ago I joined N's 4th grade class on a field trip to view the traveling Vietnam Memorial wall that was visiting our home town.  It was an enormously moving experience.  I remember having a conversation with my Dad about the wall before the field trip.  He shared with me a story about an old school chum that died during the war.  I had never heard the story before.  I have always felt a strong connection to service men and women.  Finding my Dad's friend's name on the moving wall was very special.  N and I gave Dad a rubbing of his friend's name.  The valor that soldiers posses is amazing.  They protect our freedom and liberties without a second thought.  How appropriate that valor would be chosen for Memorial Day weekend.  I am so thankful for the sacrifice of the men and women who serve our country.


Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Barb absolutely wonderful! Enjoy the weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails